Wednesday, October 5, 2011

So this was suppose to be up yesterday.



So I spent today working on my bike. This morning my dad and I rode from place to place picking up parts at different local auto stores. He was riding his old Harley and I was on my bike. A stark difference in years past thats for sure. We even had a chance to stop by Wegemans for lunch and a coffee. Boston is missing out! Wegemans is fantastic! I had a meatball sub with provolone cheese and a latte.

So the pic to the right is the shaft drive. I had to re-lube the splines with some moly/anti-seize compound. Figured since I had the final drive apart might as well take care of it.









This things looks pretty funny without a rear wheel!



Lots of garage space to work. This is where I pretty much spent the afternoon. Just wrenching away and listening to a country music. We have a cheap radio in the garage and it seems the only station that comes in clear is the country station so that where it stays. I haven't worked in a garage in a long time and getting grease on my hands was not that comforting. I kept cleaning them off until I got to the point where it was counterproductive so I finally gave in and let them get a little dirty.


I also had a few minutes to make an oil cooler guard. Essentially that silver mesh screen you see in the picture. This should help protect the radiator like piece behind it if any debris from the road should fly up and hit it. Especially a stone or something like that.



Another close up of the screen. There are a few companies that sell a guard but they are like 50 bucks so I created this out of a $2.54 piece of gutter guard you use on the house to keep leaves out of the gutter in the fall.




I took a few minutes to mess around with the camera I have. I wanted to see what kind of results I could get out of this thing before I'm greeted with an opportunity to take a really great photo and mess it up. The first one below I zoomed in on the hill across the valley and tried to capture th sun bathing hillside.



This is one of the those flower pics with flowers.














Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment