Sunday, October 30, 2011

Doran State Park near Bodega Bay

Just checked into Doran. So far Route 1 aka the Pacific Coast Highway has been a real treat. Its also has its "bummer zones" as I starter calling them. A bummer zone is when the road goes from beautiful twisty mountain roads to three lane highway. Otherwise its been grreat and after a few hours you really get a feel the road. As a rider you start understand the ebb and flow and can really start to enjoy the ride. It may sound strange but the roads illness the west coast are just different. Its like they have their own personality.

Put that thought on pause because I'm watching the a sliver of a moon sink beneath the horizon.

This morning was awesome. First thing I did was watch a bunch of sea lions sleep on the beach. At first I just thought there were a few then as I looked down the coast line I saw it was a whole community of them! Pics will follow as they are on my camera. Then just a bunch of coastal road. I suppose if I was more of a beach lover I'd have appreciated all of the coastal views a bit more but I can still appreciate the scenery even if its just a bunch of sand and water :-) I will say its as if someone took the mountains of Colorado and the rock formations from Utah and just jammed it all against the Pacific Ocean. Pretty spectacular actually.

Looking forward to good nights rest and more miles tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment