Wednesday, October 12, 2011

And the miles go by...

Feeling pretty tired today. Too much fun with the family in GA!

I'll admit I had to force that smile a bit in front of the MS welcome sign. Truth is I'm still not really sure the South has ever welcomed me or made me feel welcomed. Aside from GA I just can't put an emotion on how the other confederate states make me feel inside. I'm not sure I'd say I feel like an outcast and maybe this is my perception so its becoming my reality but everytime I open my mouth I just have this feeling that people are thinking of the fact that I'm from the North, he's a Yankee and he needs to leave, now. Funny how out of place you can feel. Makes me think I'm doing some wrong, like I'm being mean or something. Its not comforting that's for sure.

So the picture if the dog is a little guy that was running around free at my last stop. She was just checking out each of the new customers as they came in. Guess I found one friend in Alabama ...

1 comment: