Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quail Creek State Park

Well I managed to string together a nice even though 14 was closed. I headed back North to 148 South, to 14 East, and then 89 South to 9 West through Zion National and then called it a night at Quail Creek. Talking to a local moto dealer he gave me a route around that worked out very nice. I'm surprised Brian's Point isn't really listed as an attraction. Its part of the Dixie National Forest and it was spectacular. Mostly due to the fact I had to climb a three mile dirt road to get to the top which, as adventure rider made it all the more exciting to be off road and venturing off the beaten asphalt path. Brian's Point was 11,300 feet above sea level. I have a bunch of hi res photos that will have to wait until I have some real internet. Zion national park was also spectacular and I highly recommend coming into the park from the eastern side on 9 then from 15 South side. Way less traffic going my direction. All in all it turned out to be a great day, much appreciated because I was starting to get a little worn out of the usual routes and sights. For now enjoy some quick pics of Quail Creek, which is great if you can pass up staying in Zion. Much cheaper and quieter and free fire wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment