Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Life in the high country

Its amazing here in the high country. The mountains are so stunning and the views are constantly reminding my brain I'm just one small little part of this vast world. Saw a coyote this morning. Reminded me just how far I am from home. So right now I'm on 70 headed west bound for Grand Junction and then the night in Moab, UT. I now I'm going to regret missing Aspen but the high country brings weather in faster than I care to chance getting stuck. I already went to Rocky Mountain National Park and turned around because the road was closed 7 miles in due to snow. I just can't leave getting stuck in bad weather to.chance and even with checking the weather its still a little dicey.

Just finishing a latte from Starbucks and then it's back on the road.

Boulder was such a welcome change and spending two nights in the town really gave me a chance to feel out the city a bit. I had dozens of conversations with local folks who just wanted to talk about my trip and offer advice. Aside from that people were so friendly and out going it was almost weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment