Wednesday, October 19, 2011

So much for Bryce Canyon tonight...

Dont know how I did it but I missed a turn at a junction and ended up making a big horseshoe of a loop instated of actually getting anywhere. I will.saw though 24 West and and 119 West are absolutely gorgeous!  So I'm back at the junction of interstate 70 West and getting a slice of pizza in Ridgeville, Utah. A city with the most epic background for a landscape. Funny how you are edging along in Utah and it seems flat but you are actually at 5,000 feet of elevation and hen you'll climb to 8,500 feet. Coming from Colorado you always knew when you where going up. It was evident by the terrain but here in Utah it just seems flat then all of sudden you're you see a sign for 8,000 feet in elevation. Starbge but I guess its just the nature of the terrain. So I'm traveling with a GPS and you'd think I have a clear direction of where I'm going but thats obviously not the case. First let me tell you how my how my GPS put me in a)  the most run down area of Memphis possible and b) how it had me get off a highway to send me a different way only to get back on the highway c) how I got off the highway again in Colorado Springs only to guide me back on the highway. So you get the idea. Its 5 years old and I soend most of my time off the map wth the unit saying "heading west" that it. No route names, no highways. At least the base map you'd think would be fairly accurate but its not. Then there is me. I might as well be illiterate because maps and I are like watching the Tour de France and seeing the winner crowned only to have it taken away from doping violations. It all looks brilliant and spectacular but in the end somewhere something was wrong. Not sure what the plan is now, all I know is I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment