Saturday, November 5, 2011

Widmer Brewery and Forest Park

I'm staying with a friend of mine that I grew up with. He lived a few houses down the street from me and after nearly 10 years we've reconnected. Last night we just had a beer or two and talked about our time as a youth. It was great to laugh together over what almost seemed to be long lost memories. Aaron works at Widmer Brothers Brewery in Portland, OR and was nice enough to give me a quick beer tour. 




I'm looking forward to rocking the shirt and putting the sticker on my panniers to go with my collection. Next it was off to downtown Portland. We toured around in the car for a bit and it was a great way to just sit and be a passenger for once. Riding around a city on your bike is fun but there is so much to watch out for I hardly ever notice anything since I'm so busy paying attention to the road. Plus Aaron was a good tour narrator. We then hit up Forest Park. Forest Park covers over 5,100 acres and is just minutes from downtown Portland. How awesome is that! 








I wanted to take a few minutes to update the blog as tomorrow is a little more sigh seeing including Adidas headquarters and then its off on my journey East. As of right now I'm planning to work my over to 395 South from Portland and head all the way down to Reno, Nevada before cutting over to grab 40 East all the way to North Carolina before heading North into PA. 


No comments:

Post a Comment