Thursday, November 10, 2011

Amarillo, TX to Brinkley AK

About 650 miles. Bam. Texas, Oklahoma and half of Arkansas is in my review mirror. Speaking of rear view mirrors I snagged this shot the other day leaving the Arizona Divide.


Rolling through the vast area that is Oklahoma. The trains seem to be in full use here and in the west in general. Perhaps its the same in the east you just don't see them because they are hidden behind the hill sides. 



Heading East chasing my shadow along the way. 


Its tough to tell as I didn't take this shot standing still but that's the moon. It looked far more spectacular as I was riding. The moon was just working its way from my right to my left and to my right again as I was riding along I40 East. 


Quick story. I was just running into Loves after filling up for the third time today and this guy started chatting to me about my bike. Apparently he had hitch hiked his way from New York and was working his way to New Mexico to meet his wife. Who he said he had spent 3 years hitch hiking around the country with about 10 years ago. He said something that really stuck with me. He said "you know what I like about hitch hiking? It restores my faith in humanity." 

No comments:

Post a Comment